Self Development Through Cultural Exploration, Service Learning & Environmental Study

Join the Expedition!


Costa Rica 2010 Photos

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Ah.....



Daontay 18


Today I woke up early again, which is nice. I think it's something about being in a beautiful new place each morning that causes my body to wake up with the Sun. We interviewed a member of the PLN at the Legislative Assembly. We had deep questions, but the answers we received were about the history of Costa Rica as opposed to the personal beliefs and thoughts we were hoping for. We also took a brief tour of the building, and heard more about the history of Costa Rica.

The work in La Carpio has ended, though it remains incomplete. I didn't find it life changing or hard. When something needs to be done, you just do it. I was pretty sweaty though I must admit. My shirts have never been so wet. We worked pretty well together. I wish we could have finished though.

We had our first encounter with the rain, which I find to be very soothing. Standing in the entry way of the small market, trying to keep out of the rain, I watched the people as they walked by. That is also something I find soothing. I like to imagine what their thinking, where they're going, or what there about to do. My imagination now has new stories to feed off of.

And the weather is amazing. All of the people who went last year talked about how hot it was but I don't think it's hot at all.

Tomorrow is going to be a big day. I need to rest. Ah, sleep and showering have never felt this good.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tay!!! It's mom!! I've been getting your emails honey, I've been trying to send messages back to you. Make sure your checking both your web address, we've sent them to both. We miss you so much and are so proud of you. We've all been really enjoying your write-ups...from you and the group. What a wonderful experience. You look great!! We love all the beautiful pictures and can't wait to hear all the great stories! I know your busy, email me again son...let me know you where able to at least get this post. WE'RE SO PROUD OF YOU!!! You guys are a wonderful group of young men and women. WAY TO REPRESENT...Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete