Self Development Through Cultural Exploration, Service Learning & Environmental Study

Join the Expedition!


Costa Rica 2010 Photos

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Let me catch you up

Cherie, 17

I have barely blogged this whole time, so theres going to be a lot I have to catch you up on.

Day 2 - Yesterday was a pretty amazing day. We went to La Carpio in the morning, and though I felt really sick from not eating anything, I still had a good time and got work done. I think I spent a good hour or two trying to "beat the rock," as Mr. Oliver would say. It took a lot of work and time, but eventually Alyssa and I got this huge rock out of the dirt. Then we took a bus ride to the high school, where we played games and spoke to our penpals. That whole experience was interesting and exciting too! I didn´t eat dinner but I did have some chicken at lunch!




Today - Today´s experience at La Carpio seemed to be more signifgant than yesterday. I felt a lot better eventually, so I felt good enough to do more work. It was really hard mixing the cement and shoveling the rocks over and over again, but it felt good. I don´t think I´ve ever worked that hard in my life! We did an interview before we went, and though it was kind of awkward, it went great! 


Now it´s time for the really exciting news! At dinner, I thought I wasn´t going to eat again, but I decided that that wasn´t a good idea, so I tried the fish, and it was delicious! I also had a good amount of chicken at lunch and they gave us cake in La Carpio, so today was a really good eating day.
I got a lot of good photos from yesterday and today, that I hope to be posting later on when I have enough time. For now, I need some sleep because apparently building a road is tiresome!

P.S Hello to everyone at home! I miss you dearly! I hope you're not all crying from my absence, I will be home soon. (Ms. Wilds, you owe me a box of teddy grahams! :))

8 comments:

  1. You tried the fish and LIKED IT!!!! I am so proud of you Cherie and it's brain food too! Atta girl....just remember, baad teddy, good fishy and keep experimenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of all the hard work you are putting in, especially paving a road!! And I'm not going to say I told you so about the food but I think I told you so! Keep trying new things and you may be pleasantly surprised. Your Teddy Grahams will be waiting for you at the beginning of next trimester.

    Wilds

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is CHERIE on ALYSSA'S account.

    I may have eaten fish, but I will NEVER, EVER, EVER eat rice and beans!!!! I was really afriad that I wasn't going to eat dinner again, but then I was just like, "I'm super hungry," so I tried it, and it was okay. I don't think the rain forest is going to work out well though.

    We miss/love you!!!!!!!! :)

    AND TO SAM'S MOTHER - Sam: "Please stop commentening on things."

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is CHERIE on ALYSSA'S account.

    I may have eaten fish, but I will NEVER, EVER, EVER eat rice and beans!!!! I was really afriad that I wasn't going to eat dinner again, but then I was just like, "I'm super hungry," so I tried it, and it was okay. I don't think the rain forest is going to work out well though.

    We miss/love you!!!!!!!! :)

    AND TO SAM'S MOTHER - Sam: "Please stop commentening on things."

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is CHERIE on ALYSSA'S account.

    I may have eaten fish, but I will NEVER, EVER, EVER eat rice and beans!!!! I was really afriad that I wasn't going to eat dinner again, but then I was just like, "I'm super hungry," so I tried it, and it was okay. I don't think the rain forest is going to work out well though.

    We miss/love you!!!!!!!! :)

    AND TO SAM'S MOTHER - Sam: "Please stop commentening on things."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl you have to eat! What kinds of games did you play at the high school?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cherie again:

    We played some soccer pass thing and then some volleyball type thing - it was pretty fun!!!

    And haha, I am! I'm just not eating alot!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glade you like fish now we can have something other than chicken for dinner. I'm proud of the work you kids are doing.

    ReplyDelete