Self Development Through Cultural Exploration, Service Learning & Environmental Study

Join the Expedition!


Costa Rica 2010 Photos

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

From the Dairy to the Embassy

Cherie, 17

Today was a pretty good day. We originally had two interviews planned, but things changed, and we were only able to do one. It was kind of relieving, but at the same time, it was a little disappointing that we lost the opportunity to meet Epsy Cambell. At first, the interview at the US Embassy seemed to be basic, with them just telling us background information and leaving out the important details that we actually wanted. But after a while, things started to pick up and we were really able to get some interesting questions answered.

Overall, both of the interviews that we completed in the last two days went well and we were able to get out a decent amount of interesting information. I also wanted to add that I think we came up with really intense questions, even if we didn't get to ask all of them or recieve the answers we wanted. I was a part of the first group that stayed up late on Monday night to come up with the first round of new questions, and I was really impressed with what we came up with in the end.

My progress in eating the food kind of dropped today. I had my usual lunch of chicken and water, but I didn't eat anything for dinner. I'm no fan of broth and rice and whatever they had for desert, but I wasn't really hungry anyways, so I wasn't really worried about it. However, I did try the ice cream at the dairy we visited in the morning, despite the fact that I really didn't like the kind they gave us.

Well, we are just about to leave for the jazz cafe event, so my time here is ending.

I'm really hoping to get photos up, because all the ones Ms. Arenth chose of me and for me aren't really flattering.

Hope all is well back in the States! I would say I can't wait to see you all, but I'm really having a great time, so going home doesn't seem like a good option right now! These past few days have really been amazing.

(I still miss you Dom, and I'm going to ask Mr. Oliver if he does too right now, so I'll let you know in my next posting)

No comments:

Post a Comment