Self Development Through Cultural Exploration, Service Learning & Environmental Study

Join the Expedition!


Costa Rica 2010 Photos

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Courtney, 17

Today marks the day of my long journey to Costa Rica with my new friends! I have always liked to travel and can not wait to experience a new country and culture with my fellow senior class mates, (as well as my new junior friends!) while taking on this once in a life time experience together!

The main reason why I applied to the Costa Rica service learning trip, was mainly due to the fact that I would love to experience something that not every 17 year old american student can say that they've experienced. I also applied because I will be taking part in a project that is beyond myself and just about anything else I have ever completed in my enitre life.

The only thing I can say that I would like to gain from this trip, is a closer bond with mi amigos and being confortable depending on people within my surrounding and working in a team. I have always liked working alone better than in a team, due to the fact that there is a low possibilty of idea confliction and irritation...

Hopefully this trip will be everything I hope, and my classmates and I experience great things far beyond our greatest expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment