Self Development Through Cultural Exploration, Service Learning & Environmental Study

Join the Expedition!


Costa Rica 2010 Photos

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Aqui

Danielle, 18

While I was on my water break a little Tica girl, probably about 6-years-old, came up to me and said, "Aqui" and handed me a flower. I thought it was the cutest thing because I wasn't expecting the little girl to give me a flower and she was just adorable. I didn't know what the little girl said to me since I speak very little Spanish and it made me a little sad, but Nate heard what the little girl said and he saw that she gave me a flower. 





Later in the day, I asked Nate what did the little girl said to me and Nate told me that she said, "Here." Everytime when I think about the flower that the little girl gave me, I think of, "Aqui."
Yesterday we all were working really hard in La Carpio. Every once in a while someone would take a water break to get a drink of water and to relax for a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment