Self Development Through Cultural Exploration, Service Learning & Environmental Study

Join the Expedition!


Costa Rica 2010 Photos

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Volcanoes & Nature

Kiera, 16
Today we went with our Tico friends to visit Volcano Paos National Park. I didn´t think it would be such a long ride to get to the park, but it was great! On the way, I viewed many other spectacles of nature. In general, I´m not a nature person, but this trip has actually given me the knowledge of how beautiful nature can be.

This first image that I saw was just a farm on our way to the volcanoes, but it looked really cool to me. Because if you really think about it, this farm shows that it required a lot of time to get to the place that it is at right now. To me, this shows that people actually care about other things, rather than simple-everyday stuff, which inspires me to start looking for and thinking of other things, outside of the ordinary. This trip is also an out-of-the-ordinary experience.
This image of the house, shows to me that other people are doing what I am going to strive to do. Instead of giving up, and living on the street, the people of La Carpio, thought outside of the ordinary and built their own houses out of whatever they could find. I loved being in La Carpio, because the people there were so close. And I love when neighbors are close. They watch out for each other and they keep going, no matter what. La Carpio also inspires me to go out of the unordinary, and to keep going no matter what.


The volcano was the last straw for me. I am actually a person that LOVES nature because of this volcano. It just amazes me, the creation of such a thing, that makes me appreciate what is being made, and inspires me to take advantage and enjoy any type of nature possible. Overall, nature inspires me to be out of the ordinary, and enjoy what is there for me to view.

3 comments:

  1. Kierra,

    I enjoyed reading your thoughts about the trip to the volcano. I completly agree with you about loving nature and being awed and amazed by things I see - especially a volcano. I saw a volcano in Hawaii 2 years ago and I also thought it was beautiful. You need to put the Grand Canyon on your list of things to see. As far as nature goes, it is the most breathtaking, spectacular place I have ever seen. Enjoy the rain forest - I can't wait to hear your impressions of that natural bounty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiera, I am so proud of you!!! These pictures are beautiful and amazing!!! Keep up that positive outlook on life, to strive and achieve the goals that set for yourself. I really admire the photo of the volcano...it is pretty cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't help but to keep saying, WOW! The pictures of the volcano looked absolutely amazing! I'm wondering the emotions that you felt from looking at it and being so close to it. I'm sure that it was straight euphoria. Also, I'm happy to hear that you are overcoming your fear of bugs. It has hindered me from doing a lot of things, but I'm starting to embrace it because you'll miss out on some much doing so.

    Enjoy yourself!

    Love ya,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete