Self Development Through Cultural Exploration, Service Learning & Environmental Study

Join the Expedition!


Costa Rica 2010 Photos

Thursday, April 8, 2010

The best day so far


Nathan, 18

The most exciting part of today was in La Carpio.

I really got involved. I'm really proud of myself and the whole group. We made concrete to make a road so that cars can travel the streets of La Carpio. After we finished mixing concrete and placing it, we went back and had a meeting with everyone from the organization that we were working with in La Carpio.

There were a few of us that got in front of the group to say a few things about the experience that we have had over the past few days working with them and I was one of these people.

Basically all I said was that I loved helping them better their condition, and loved working beside the people of La Carpio to get the job done. After the four of us said a few words, I got to present the President of the organization a donation that will go towards the community and help them get things that will help improve their conditions even more.

I'm really sad that today was the last day in La Carpio. I wish we could go back for a few more days because it was fun being there and assisting people in need alongside the people themselves.

Overall, it was a really busy day and tiring, but in the end we succeeded in what we came to do, and I believe we can continue to do so for the remainder of the trip.


1 comment: