Self Development Through Cultural Exploration, Service Learning & Environmental Study

Join the Expedition!


Costa Rica 2010 Photos

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Universal Language


Courtney, 17

My expectations of today were way higher than what I recieved. The volcano was beautiful, but there were way too many bugs for me and I was covered in them!!!! They were like little Costa Rican gnats that must have loved the body spray that I was wearing because they were covering my jacket!!!!

On a much happier note, I met a new amigo named Josue and we shared alot of music and I found that everyone has a way to communicate no matter where your from or what language you speak. Though my Spanish was broken, and his English was almost as terrible...we shared a lot of similarities and I love techno music much more than before.

This whole experience has taught me one very important thing, and that's that there is a huge world outside of America and if we don't experience what it has to offer we won't ever know exactly what the importance of life is. I can't believe I've been here and seen all that I have, yet no one in my family has ever done the same, beyond an average vacation.

In the morning we leave for Yorkin, and I must say I'm nervous; mainly because of the bugs, but I will have my arms wide open for everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment