Self Development Through Cultural Exploration, Service Learning & Environmental Study

Join the Expedition!


Costa Rica 2010 Photos

Sunday, April 4, 2010

El Primero Dia

Alyssa, 17

The first day in Costa Rica has been a combination of both excitement and worries. It has been such a great experience to finally be able to travel abroad. I loved the first sight of Costa Rica from the airplane, with its variety of hills, mountains, trees, rivers, and houses. When we finally exited the airport and saw San Jose, everything just seemed so surreal. It seems so different from Pittsburgh, yet it still feels like we never left. After all of our preparing and last minute blog editing, our trip is finally here and we have begun our journeys. I am still very worried about the types of food I will have to eat, including beans and fish. However, I am willing to try a few new things to fully experience this great opportunity. I cannot wait to see even more of Costa Rica's natural beauty, especially the rainforest!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Alyssa

    I'm glad you landed safety. i hope the trip is everything you want it to be. I miss you already. Have fun and be careful. nothing exciting to report here. easter was nice but we all missed you. see you soon. love you Aunt Mary

    I'm using Shannon's sign on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you, too. Today we start working in La Carpio. The sun is already hot and it's not quite 7. Can't wait to share my stories and experiences with everyone. Don't have too much back home without me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alyssa,

    I am so glad to hear that you are willing to try the food that you have been so nervous about for this trip. Keep an open mind and enjoy.

    Remember, we can't wait to hear the fascinating stories of your trip.

    I love you!

    Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow they got you up early girl! its sunny here but not bad. let me know about your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow alyssa this sounds amazing. Is there food different from ours? Do they speak a different Language? Is most of Costa Rica forests? I hope your having fun Alyssa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you landing safely and I hpe you enjoy your time here , also i hope you learn alot about the culture and how it is like to have a experince to live somewhere else for 12 days. Have a great time and how is the weather there i bet its nice . Pittsburghs been having alot of hot weather its great . Have fun and oh my name is Mardaja and I am a freshman here at City High .

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think you have to worry too much about eating fish. I don't remember eating it all that much. Beans on the other hand...that's a different story. But they really aren't all that bad! Give them a try. I'm glad you are really enjoying yourself so far. It's sooo cool!

    ReplyDelete