Self Development Through Cultural Exploration, Service Learning & Environmental Study

Join the Expedition!


Costa Rica 2010 Photos

Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Straggler

Courtney, 17

I'm finally here! It seems like it took forever, but my team and I are finally here!! And in my opinion it was well deserved. The day started off with and extremely early start, but once we got to the airport and I said goodbye to my mom...I forgot all about what time it was.

My excitment soon turned into fear, fear that I had worked so hard for a trip that I wouldn't be able to attend. Apparently, Delta Airlines had a problem with me flying with my team because they neglected to send a receipt and ticket with my name on it. I just knew at that point there was no way I was getting on the plane, but right when the tears began to fall, Mr.Oliver was already in the beginnings of a lengthy battle to fix the situation at hand.

Since I am writing on the blog, you can conclude that the battle was won by our leader Oliver and I made it on every plane with my team either a few rows behind or right beside everyone else.

The experience so far has been breath-taking, and the weather is amazing. The travel was hard, but I believe I am soon to be rewarded. Though I already miss my loved ones...I am so ready to begin the journey with my team and confront any challeges that may come my way. I have already begun to recognize strengths within my group that have and will affect me in the most positive way. Like Mr.Oliver for example: even without his luggage he has still been capable of keeping his eye on what it is we have come here to do.

I'm excited about all that we'll experience...Pura Vida

7 comments:

  1. was it hard arriving there after being so use to home? how different is it down there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad everything worked out and I hope you had a good time and enjoyed yourself

    -Jordan (City High Class of 2013)

    ReplyDelete
  3. NiCE JOB ON tHE BlOG....HAVE fUN
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is crazy how they didn't get you a ticket and receipt but I am glad that you were able to go. I hope you have fun and get back safely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's good that this is "breath-taking" lol. But is there anything that would actually take your breath away?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its great to hear you made it on the plane!

    Mr. Oliver, YOU THE MAN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please tell Mr. Oliver that his efforts to get you on the plane are greatly appreciated and I thank him for all that he has done. Enjoy the trip and I miss you!

    ReplyDelete