Self Development Through Cultural Exploration, Service Learning & Environmental Study

Join the Expedition!


Costa Rica 2010 Photos

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Pura Vida!


Samantha, 18

Today was so intense. I have never flown before so I was really excited. I was fine on the run way and I was even laughing at Patrick for being so scared until we took off and then I got really nervous. We were in the air! People aren't supposed to go in the air! I begged for a window seat and then I ended up shutting the window because I was so terrified. After a while I got used to it and now I'm pretty much an expert flyer.

The weather here isn't bad at all. I thought it was going to be really humid and hot, but it's just like Pittsburgh in August. It's hot, but I like it! I love our hotel too, it's like one giant house and it's quite cozy. There is a garden in the back and I sat out there to write in my journal and there was a humming bird singing and a giant yellow butterfly too!

We went for a walk to visit Jose and he was really cool. He showed us his school and it was really nice. The only thing I've found that is completely out of the ordinary is the barbed wire and electric fences surrounding almost everyone's house in San Jose.

I really like it here so far. I want to write so much more, but I'm running on 2 hours of sleep and I'm worried that I may start rambling. Tomorrow is going to be a tough but fun day it looks like, I can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. I like that you are an expert flyer now, maybe you can fly to Chicago this summer and visit before you become a college student.

    What is up with all the barbed wire and electric fences?

    Well I'm glad you made it there and like the weather. have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking in! I may just need to do that (fly to Chicago). The barbed wire is for security apparently, I am thinking we should do it in our yard. It wouldn´t be so much for people breaking in as it would be for preventing our dog from getting out. Speaking of roaming dogs- There are so many that just roam the streets in La Carpio it´s crazy.

    Well I am supposed to post a new blog now. I have pictures, but uploading is complicated so I´m probably not putting any with my blogs anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most would kill for this opportunity…seize the day! Can’t wait for pictures, especially from the visit to Dos Pinos, the Organic Dairy! Should be lots of contrasts to our local city dairy, perhaps some lessons to share as well?

    ReplyDelete