Self Development Through Cultural Exploration, Service Learning & Environmental Study

Join the Expedition!


Costa Rica 2010 Photos

Monday, April 5, 2010

Another day down..

Melina, 17



Today had its ups and downs, but ended up turning out pretty positive. The first day of service work really wasn't bad at all, not nearly as hot/hard as everyone who went in the past made it out to be. Whenever we first arrived at the local high school, I must say I was quite irritated and annoyed and didn't want to talk to anyone. I can't speak Spanish very well at all, at least not nearly enough to have a drawn out conversation with kids who are completely fluent. Towards the end of our time there, things got a lot better and I did end up enjoying myself quite a bit, surprisingly. I don't have much else to say for now, so hopefully tomorrow will be an exciting day yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment