Self Development Through Cultural Exploration, Service Learning & Environmental Study

Join the Expedition!


Costa Rica 2010 Photos

Monday, April 5, 2010

Day 2: Lifelong Memories

Patrick, 17

Exhausted from the day before, I woke up refreshed from a good night slep. I ate breakfast which was amazing; I hope we have that everyday. It was rice, beans, eggs and toast. Then we made our ways to a little village called La Carpio. It was amazing there. Even though it was a poor town, we made the experience worth living. It was really hard work and we sweat a lot, but I'm excited to return there tomorrow for another new experience. I thought it was really cool how this little girl invited us into her home and we seen her pet pigs. That was amazing.

We returned to the hotel from La Carpio for lunch, for we had a half hour to wash (if we wanted to), change and go to lunch. Lunch was good. This was the first resturaunt in which we visited, so I was pretty excited. I had chicken, rice and beans, and some salad stuff. It was good.



After that we went to the bus stop, and took a public bus to meet the high school students. For me personally, it was akward just sitting there face to face talking to them. My experience didn't go very well because I don't have strong Spanish skills. I had fun when we were playing the game that we played. It was something like monkey in the middle with many people and a soccer ball. My pen pal didn't show up, so that was kind of a bummer, but in the end, everything was ok. I dont know why, but I got really depressed on our way back from meeting the high school students. It's like everyone was talking to them and having a good time but me. We went to this version of Chinatown where all of these shops were and I wanted to buy something, but I couldn't. We waited a long time to exchange our money, but for some reason the money looks really cool. Sam, Cherie, Courtney, Ashlee and Shalyce were laughing obnoxiously loud. Overall, my day was filled with many memories that I won't forget, and I cant wait to see what happens next. Its kind of hard to believe that I am even here, but I am and I'm loving it here. I'm having some trouble embracing everything and taking it in, but that will change for sure!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Patrick, I need you to keep your spirits up and enjoy yourself. Don't allow things beyond your control to effect you and your mood. Enjoy!!! Take many pictures and post them so that your brothers and I can see Costa Rico through your eyes.. (I saw you in your suit and let me just say "YOU LOOKED SO HANDSOME". I am so proud of you Patrick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to post a comment before but I think that I logged out before it posted, so I'm sending another one. Patrick, I need you to keep your spitits up and not let things beyond your control effect you. I'm sure that you'll have another opportunity to make some purchases. I want you to be able to get the most out of this extraordinary experience. I saw you in your suit and I must say that you looked very handsome. How did the interviews go? We need you to take many pictrues and post them so that your brothers and I can see Costa Rico thru your eyes. I'm so proud of you Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww cheer up Pat! You're doing fine! Have fun and enjoy the time you have there.

    ReplyDelete