Self Development Through Cultural Exploration, Service Learning & Environmental Study

Join the Expedition!


Costa Rica 2010 Photos

Monday, April 5, 2010

Day 1

Matyas, 16

Well I made it here to the hotel room!
Even though we traveled hundreds of miles, I don't have that feeling that I traveled as far I did. Today we walked through an apparently affluent neighborhood, and talked to Jose about his teaching institution.

I thought it was great how even though Jose didn't have much, he was still optimistic about it all and looked forward to the future of it.

When we were walking through the neighborhood I noticed that it was pretty poor-looking compared to what we are used to, and would think of as a financially stable neighborhood in the states. Regardless, I really like the feel of it here; it's simpler and happier, and the tropical breeze doesn't hurt either.

No comments:

Post a Comment